Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Oat Date Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 5 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Place the dates in a microwave safe bowl along with 1 cup of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove dates from hot water and place in food processor (reserve date water- do not toss). Blend for 30-60 seconds, until dates are very small bites, almost pureed.
- Add in oats and process for 30 seconds.
- Add in vanilla, almond butter, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the date water. Process for another 30-60 seconds. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoon of the dated water and process until crumbly dough is formed.
- Remove dough from food processor, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into 12 balls.
Recipe by www.healthy-inspiration.com/oatmeal-date-balls-no-added-sugar/.