Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Spinach Basil Avocado Pasta
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
For the sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of basil leaves
- 1 cup of spinach
- Juice from half a lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup of water
- Red grape tomatoes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions. While pasta is cooking prepare the sauce.
- In a blender blend all the ingredients for the sauce, avocado, garlic clove, basil, spinach, half a lemon juice squeezed, water, salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick add a little bit of extra water but make sure it's not super runny. You want to achieve a creamy sauce.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and pour in the avocado sauce, mixing until the pasta is coated. Top with red grape tomatoes if desired.
This recipe will provide about 4 servings. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jeanette Garcia