Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Rainbow Bell Peppers Pizza
- 2 1/4 teaspoons - yeast active dry
- 1/2 tsp packed- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup- water
- 1 teaspoon- salt
- 2 tablespoons- olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups- flour, whole wheat
- 1 ¾ cups- flour, all-purpose
- 8oz- mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups- pizza sauce
- 1 medium- bell pepper, red
- 1 medium- bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium- bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium- bell pepper, green
- 1 medium- onion, red
- Dissolve yeast and brown sugar in water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, oil and flour. knead dough on floured surface just until not sticky. Put in greased bowl and let rise in a warm place till double (1 hour)
- Punch dough down, let sit on pizza pan for a few minutes. Then roll out. Let sit again for 10 minutes.
- Roll out on pizza pan. Cook at 425 for about 10 minutes.
- Chop peppers and onion. Separately sauté each pepper and the onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, over high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- After crust is cooked, spread pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and veggies on top. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Calories (306) Fat (9g) Carb (43g) Fiber (4g) Protein (14g) Sugar (2g)
Recipe by Super Healthy Kids