Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Baked Carrot Fries (Paleo & Vegan)
- 1 pound carrots (about 10-12 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Turn the oven to 400 degrees. Start by washing the carrots and peeling them (Peeling them is optional. I use organic carrots and don't peel them and they turn out fine). Cut the carrots into even sticks that are roughly 4 inches long and about 1/2 inch thick.
- Put the cut carrots into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the sea salt, garlic powder, herbs, and spices.
- Place the carrots on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure the carrots are evenly spread and not stacked on top of each other.
- Put the carrots in the oven and bake for about 25-35 minutes, checking half-way through to move the carrots around or flip them on the sheet to get even cooking.
- Once you can pierce the carrots easily with a fork and there is a slight browning/ crisping on the edge, they are done. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.