Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Lima Bean Stew
- 1(8 oz.) can of lima beans, undrained or 1 cup dried lima bean, cooked
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tbs peppercorns to taste
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups soy or almond milk
- Empty beans and vegetable stock into a large pan.
- Add all other ingredients except the flour and milk and simmer for 1 hour or more until the beans are very soft.
- Make a paste of the flour and a little cold milk.
- Heat the rest of the milk to scalding, and stir in flour paste. Cook and stir until thick.
- Run the bean soup through a strainer or put it through a food processor and combine it with the milk mixture just before serving, adjusting seasoning to taste.
Recipe by Blue Zones.